NorCal Driving School - Driving Lessons
All driving lessons require a valid California Permit.
Lessons are for all ages.
California requires 6 instructor hours for minors.
Register below quick and easy!
All cancellations must be before 24hrs to avoid a cancellation fee.
Affordable Payment Plans and Packages
- Free pick up/drop off from home
- Important - schedule and complete all drive lessons prior to booking a drive test appointment with DMV
We service the following areas:
Antelope, North Highlands, Foothill Farms, Citrus Heights, Rio Linda, Elverta, Natomas, Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Carmichael, Fair Oaks.
2 Hour Drive Lesson (Pay As You Go) - $179.99
6 Hour (3 Two Hour Drive Lessons) - $489.99
6 Hour (3 Two Hour Drive Lessons) + 1 Hour + Drive Test - $729.99
- Overview of vehicle controls
- Demonstrate S.M.O.G. (Signal, Mirror, Over the Shoulder, Go only if safe) for turns and lane changes
- Practice start and stopping smoothly at stop signs (traffic check)
- Practice turns using hand-over-hand steering, three-point turns
- Pulling in and out of curb (curb distance), straight line backing
- Defensive driving (checking blind spots, right of way, scanning road ahead for hazards)
- Lane changes in light traffic (traffic check)
- Lane positioning
- Maintain 3-5 second following distance
- Merging into bike lane using S.M.O.G.
- Review driving lesson with student and parent for practice pointers and areas of improvement
- Practice changing lanes
- Defensive driving in heavier traffic (if student's driving skills have advanced)
- Parking (angle/perpendicular)
- Signals (approach on "stale" green; yellow (point-of-no-return)
- Right of way (two-way stops, four-way stops, "T" intersections, blind intersections)
- Freeway driving (review rules of freeway including lane changes, entering/exiting, carpool lane use)
- Work with student on driving skills that need improvement
- Drive test preparation – Traffic checks, backing, signaling, basic speed laws, and smooth starts/stops
- Perform practice test in preparation of drive test
- Practice lane changes, turns, merging into bike lane, S.M.O.G., scanning road ahead for hazards
- Emphasis scanning field of view and rights-of-way
- Emphasize knowledge of the rules of the road
- Review student's overall driving performance